After 6 years a new simputer was obtained – the old one was not able to give a smooth flying feeling.
Since I don’t plan to buy a new rig in the next years, I decided to get something more “high-end”ish.
- ASUS P5B Motherboard (front left)
- Intel Core2Duo E6600 2.4GHz CPU (front right)
- 2GB Kingston DDR2-800 RAM (rear right)
- Sapphire x1950pro GraphicsCard (rear left)
- beQuiet StraightPower 500W Powersupply
- Samsung SpinPoint P80SD 80GB HD (System and Programms)
- Samsung SpinPoint T133 400GB HD (Simulations)
- Samsung SH-S183SA S-ATA DVD/RW
- Coolermaster Centurion5 Case
The new computer gives A LOT more performance than the old.
In comparison: The old is somewhere below the 25fps line, the new one between the yellow and green…